School of Art
Studio CeramicsTo form a collection of Ceramics of national significance it is the intention to:
• collect contemporary ceramics so that the collection is continuous and representative;
• fill gaps in the existing collection so that it may be representative of the history of studio ceramics;
• attract collections and related archives with a view to their value for teaching and research;
• ensure that a wide perspective is maintained in the Acquisition Policy by consultation and by allowing other experts to influence choice;
• negotiate, where appropriate, further gifts and bequests, financial support and assistance.